At Miller Restoration, we understand how destructive mould can be to a home or business.
Mould is now becoming an increasingly troublesome occurrence for homeowners. Mould can take form in as little as 48 hours and can occur if there is any moisture in a home. The moisture can be from various things such as a leaky pipe, high humidity, a flood that has not been attended to, carpeting in a kitchen or bathroom, etc. Mould can also cause health problems and can contribute to poor breathing, allergies and even more severe effects such as fever, nose bleeds, dizziness, and vomiting. It is crucial that the homeowner takes steps to avoid the buildup of moisture in a home. Proper ventilation and insulation, as well as maintaining all plumbing are key components in preventing moisture buildup and mould growth.
- Air testing and sample culturing of detailed results.
- Removal and cleaning of structure and contents.
- Certified results provided upon completion.
- Complete rebuild of structure.
- Experienced technicians.
- Non-destructive containment techniques.
- Certified Hepa air cleaners and vacuums.
- Call your insurance company. Mould will spread the longer you leave it making clean-up costs even greater.
- Confirm the contractor is certified and insured in mould remediation
- Ensure the contractor has checked to make sure all wet areas are completely dry.
- Fix source(s) of moisture problem(s) as soon as possible.
- Ensure the contractor has sealed off the affected area from the rest of the house.
- Have all mouldy items sealed in plastic if transported through the house.
- Ventilate the work area.
- Wear rubber gloves, respirators and eye protection.
- Maintain low indoor humidity, below 60% relativity (RH), ideally 30-50% if possible.
- Attempt to remove mould until a professional has looked at it.
- Enter affected areas unless wearing protective gear.
- Use chemical disinfectants such as bleach during the cleanup, only fragrance-free detergent should be used.