Our team at Miller Restoration DKI located in St. Catharines, want you to know we are here for you and our community in the Niagara and Hamilton areas.
We have seen a lot of COVID-19 cleaning services advertised in the past few months, there are a lot of techniques available but as a property manager, what is the most practical option that is both cost-effective and efficient for your property?
High traffic surfaces and objects such as desks, tables, phones and keyboards etc., need to be cleaned and properly disinfected regularly to avoid contamination and the potential spread of COVID-19, it is encouraged that all property managers develop a cleaning strategy.
When developing your cleaning strategy, it is important to evaluate your property’s specific needs, but also be flexible to adjust as guidance, protocols and, your specific circumstances change. We now know the virus that causes COVID-19 can be killed using the right products, you can view a list of approved EPA cleaning products here. Utilizing only EPA approved hard-surface disinfectants Miller Restoration DKI works with each client to develop a case situation-specific service plan.
The three main cleaning methods that are proven both environmentally safe, EPA approved and, effective that we offer are:
- Environmental Cleaning Procedures: Cleaning of visibly soiled surfaces followed by applying recognized and approved disinfection solutions
- Fogging: The two main products we use are SteraMist and Halo. Both products have been approved by the EPA and, are registered agents for COVID-19 treatment. Also, the Steramist (TOMI) Solution is registered with Health Canada DIN #02469448 as well.
- Environmental Cleaning plus Fogging: Cleaning of surfaces as determined, applying recognized and approved disinfection solution with a final process involving fogging with either SteraMist or Halo.
Our team, comprised of skilled IICRC (Institute of Inspection, Cleaning and Restoration Certification) certified professionals are all trained on working with biological hazards (such as but not limited to COVID-19). Wearing certified PPE protective suits, booties and full mask respirators and are experienced in working with our clients in developing these strategies based on their individual needs and situations.
Some other useful tips and reminders to help you keep your property safe based on current regulations in Ontario:
- Gyms and exercise rooms intended for private use (i.e. for people who reside in the building) may remain open.
- Gathering limits of 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors apply.
- Implement a scheduling system for tenant use of amenities, as appropriate:
- Schedule access through the use of designated timeslots.
- Allow extra time between usage for cleaning and disinfecting of high-touch surfaces and equipment (e.g. barbeque equipment).
- Use floor markings, pylons, or signs to encourage staff/residents/guests to maintain physical distancing while using amenities.
- Limit gathering size to no more than 10 people indoors and 25 people outdoors.
- A reminder that masks are now required to be worn in all indoor spaces.
- Designate and mark specific, separate entrances and exits
- Keep doors and windows open, where possible, to minimize the touching of door handles and increase ventilation, while maintaining the appropriate security
Our team at Miller Restoration DKI have the resources to help you deal with the COVID-19 and create a cleaning strategy that works for your property.
Miller Restoration DKI is dedicated to employee and public safety while following the most current CDC and Health Canada guidelines and standards of cleaning practices. Call us today to learn more and get started on your cleaning strategy!